sic transit gloria.

"is that Latin?"

Thursday, October 26, 2006

"i was alone in my life

with little to live for, trying my hand at art, thinking that maybe i could save myself. but in my desperation, all my hope would fly away until there was nothing left of me. nothing left to save. and in this nightmare there was a dream of a girl so beautiful beyond compare: the girl of my dreams. so wonderful. so beautiful. and i had her boots. this was so along ago in my idealistic dream, with so many songs. laurie. yes. she inspired 1,000 songs. and then i knew i was an artist."

-daniel johnston

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger blackmamba said…

    daniel johnston is quite possibly the most apt person to get people understanding and accepting mental illness. his art is just so inspiring.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home