sic transit gloria.

"is that Latin?"

Friday, March 11, 2005

hey, kids, it's time for yet another


highlight reel composed of the boring things tony has done during the week. these are hand-picked episodes, people. nothing but the best for my readers. speaking of readership, i think i'm at a stable 3. yet that does not matter. if reading my blog is a meaningful experience for you, then i am happy. on to the highlights.

i went to my friends brian and carol's gallery opening and ate domestic cheese and drank mike's iced-tea-misty-breeze concoction. there were plenty of dressed-up folks yet i was wearing my panama ringer with the holes in the shoulder. there was much mingling and cheese-eating and photo-admiring. i felt like i was in a wes anderson movie--at the loquasto international film festival, or the heaven and hell cotillion.

i missed one class on wednesday to participate in an experiment at the public policy lab. they gave me 10 dollars for my time.

i drove with aleyda to dominguez high in paramount to interview david for my film. on the 10 east i followed a mark iv big yellow school bus, and kids were throwing trash out of the windows at whatever car happened to be next to them. they were trying to get the trash into people's cars through open windows. finally they hit a man in the head through the moonroof. the man turned quickly to glare at them then rear-ended the van in front of him. only in los angeles.


i went with robin from class to valencia to film another teacher interview. it was a beautiful day and we beat the friday traffic. we had mexican food for lunch. the driver's side rear-view mirror of robin's saturn is attached to the car with duct tape. that is street-cred.


at cacao kylie played nick cave's murder ballads. quite possibly the darkest album i've ever listened to. morbidly elegant. i love it. if i knew how to make coffee and wasn't in school i wouldn't mind working at cacao. doing so would undoubtedly compliment my warped sleeping schedule and give me complete control of the musical atmosphere. if i were working on that night i'd put on lee hazlewood's cowboy in sweden.

speaking of cowboys, i shall close with a spring break update:

austin, here we come.





1 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rony.

    I just spent a long time catching up on your blog, and I just had to say that I enjoyed my time spent on your site very much. I miss late late late nights at shady mini-macs and such. Apartment life has domesticated me. I know the feeling of wanting to get out.

    p.s. robin has so much street cred. you don't even know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home