sic transit gloria.

"is that Latin?"

Monday, March 07, 2005

i am itching


to get out of this town. i am tired of going to the same restaurants and seeing the same faces and driving the same freeways and walking the same boulevards and doing whatever it is i do under the same abysmal los angeles sky.

don't get me wrong, i love this city like no other yet that alone does not diminish my desire to throw a toothbrush, pair of jeans, the ipod and cameras into my bag, head to the gas station to fill up the tank, grab some cokes and smokes and just drive.



not everyone seems as excited about texas and getting outta dodge as i am.

this saddens me, you see.

i am tempted to post a message on craigslist asking strangers to hop in the damn car. or bus. or train. or plane.

i love big cities. but every now and again they seem to shrink significantly and consequently make you claustrophobic.


would you come to sunol with me? i hear it is lovely this time of year. we can drink some coffee at the gas station and feed carrots to the horses.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Bozasm said…

    I love this line:

    don't get me wrong, i love this city like no other yet that alone does not diminish my desire to throw a toothbrush, pair of jeans, the ipod and cameras into my bag, head to the gas station to fill up the tank, grab some cokes and smokes and just drive.

    **********

    sounds like a fuckin blast. why does it seem like I'm not living my life to the fullest?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home