sic transit gloria.

"is that Latin?"

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

my girlfriend has shorter hair than i do.

she had it cut yesterday. not sure how i feel about that exactly. don't get me wrong, i like it a lot, but from now on i'm sure we will be mistaken for a lesbian couple, seeing how i'm frequenty mistaken for a female. maybe it has something to do with my pre-pubescent girl frame. oh well. it doesn't really bother me until the person who does the mislabeling takes it upon themselves to apologize profusely. that just makes a scene. anyway earlier i rode peggy's bike which has a basket. that machine isn't necessairly fit for the streets, if you know what i mean--it's a 1 speed schwinn cruiser. with a basket and a bell. those wheels definitely gave me street cred. we had lunch at senor fish. the fish tacos which were quite excellent.

speaking of eats last night my brother and i went to pink's. i have never seen the line so short--it was 1:30 and there were at most 10 people waiting. anyhow as i was enjoying my guadalajara (which has gained 'new favorite hot dog' status which means i will probably order it everytime until i can't stand it) and orange crush this guy called out TONY! TONY! from the parking lot. i looked at him but realized that he was calling to his friend in line; he then went to join this tony character.

"i found my friend tony. my friend. this guy right here," he says to me.
"alright."
as they head toward their car he yells, 'WHO DOES YOUR HAIR?'
seeing that one, the same person doesn't 'do my hair' and two, that this question was an odd one, i didn't know what to say so i told him where i get my hair cut, which probably didn't help. perhaps he's an aspiring cosmetologist seeking a mentor. i don't fucking know.

i think my car is dying; it does this weird thing--when i start it and release the emergency brake, the emergency brake light stays on. or i'll start it and she drives fine, then all of a sudden the brake light turns itself on and i have to restart my car because it stops. poor thing. she's been a loyal companion as far back as i can remember. the same car i learned to drive in, the same car whose dashboard has always had a 'sacred heart of jesus auto club' sticker on it. no matter how many times i remove it, my mom always replaces it with a new one. whatever. jesus auto club stickers give my car street cred.

i can't believe you read down this far. methinks i will check out the brown bunny at the nuart with matt tonight. maybe mike will go. if he does i hope he does not ruin our chances of getting into the secret wednesday midnight movie like he did last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home